Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

old laptop is working very slow, Toshiba Satellite M60 BK3

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 19,783 posts
  • MVP
Interrupts	21.00	

Until we get Interrupts down to a normal value (under 1.4) it's going to be slow.  If it's not a program running under services or startup in msconfig then it's a driver.  One that doesn't run in Safe Mode.  The video is a possibility.  I think if you boot into the Safe Mode menu and choose the low resolution option it disables the video driver and uses the standard vga driver.  If Interrupts goes down to a normal level then you need it  new driver.  It's possible that the sound driver is at fault.  Try disabling it.

Advertisements

mraskin

mraskin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Ok. Where exactly these video driver  and sound driver are hiding?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 19,783 posts
  • MVP

Search for

device manager

hit Enter

This should bring up the device manager which lists all of the drivers.

Each driver has an option (right click ) to  disable, remove or update it. Sometimes removing a driver and rebooting will fix problems as Windows will reinstall the driver.   You can also select the Properties option which may have an option on the Driver page to rollback the driver to the last driver.

mraskin

mraskin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

in Device Manager I noticed 2 yellow warnings:

See attached snapshot. Could be this is the cause of all troubles?

I've tried to find online the driver for the PCI Flash Memory, but no driver could be found. 

Attached Thumbnails

• device manager.JPG

Edited by mraskin, Yesterday, 10:22 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 19,783 posts
  • MVP

Possible I suppose:

Look for yellow flagged devices.  Right click on one and select properties then click on the Details tab.  Change Property to Hardware IDs.  Click on the top one then right click and copy.  Paste that into a reply.  Repeat for all yellow flagged devices.