Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant connect to 192.168.1.1 and local area connection cable is unplugg

• Please log in to reply

Icewizard

Icewizard

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just got a new thinkpad laptop with windows 7 but i just connected my internet and only google websites are working even though my connection symbol has full bars. I searched a solution for this and im supposed to connect to the 192.168.1.1 ip adress to solve it but that wont connect either so another solution i found was to change my local area connections speed and duplex settings but i tried all the setting from 1 mps to 100 and nothing works. It just says connection cable is unplugged but all the plugs in my router are plugged in. I will appreciate help to solve this.

Edited by Icewizard, 16 October 2017 - 08:26 PM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Temporarily turn off/disable the wireless (WiFi) on your laptop, connect an Ethernet cable from your laptop to your router, wait a minute, then open a browser and see if you're on the internet.

If so, now try connecting to http://192.168.1.1

Let us know what happens ...