Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photo Apps: Organizing my photos, at long last

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

I am looking for suggestions on what what surely must be a common problem, how to organize the mass (mess) of digital images I have acquired over the years --- hundreds of shots taken by my own digital cameras, cell phones, and iPads, and hundreds more received via email. Surely, there are books out there on how to undertake such a task.

Which book(s) should I be studying?

Is there one best photo processing app I should import (to my W10 pc)? I now use an old version of PAINT. --- My principal requirement here is not for sophisticated artistic effects. But I am looking for features that can improve the visibility of distant objects --- such as. perhaps, focus and contrast enhancements.

In addition to those technical issues, I surely could benefit from practical tips on carrying out this reorganization. Is there a particular photo storage and filing system out there I should adopt? Is there a useful "manual" that will guide me through the job, one that addresses such issues as renaming photos, annotating them, eliminating duplicates, building a catalog of shots, etc.

Before I take the plunge. I would certainly welcome your suggestions. ..... batpark

Advertisements

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

I continue to welcome suggestions here.

Just recently someone suggested I acquire  mypicturetown.com by Nikon. Has anyone used it? How does it compare with similar offerings by others?

Thanks. ..... batpark

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

https://www.pcmag.co...,2369237,00.asp

?

https://www.google.c...107.wXRVHRDnXQ8

batpark

batpark

Member 1K