Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen capture videos with a netbook?

video record netbooks notebooks

• Please log in to reply

Zervalu

Zervalu

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right place to ask my question. I want to record some videos to post on youtube and that kind of stuff. I am not talking about gaming videos here, more like Powerpoint presentations with some commentary. Now, I want to buy one of those mini notebooks (which I think are called netbooks) for that. I have a couple in mind for around 300$. One has 4 GB RAM, the other 2 GB. Both have less than 2 GHz CPU).

Do you think I will be able to record the kind of videos I described with these netbooks? In case, there is something else, besides RAM and CPU, that I should look at, please let me know.

I hope to buy one of these tomorrow, so if some of you could just share their thoughts, that would be much appreciated.

Bye.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

:welcome:   Zervalu,

I want to record some videos to post on youtube and that kind of stuff.

I have a couple in mind for around 300$. One has 4 GB RAM, the other 2 GB. Both have less than 2 GHz CPU).

Those specs are ok for Power Point but for the video aspect the system requirements will be higher, the video media etc that you use will determine the minimum specs required and the following is only an example, quad core i5, 8GB of RAM and ideally a dedicated graphics device, not too sure that you will get anywhere near these specs from a netbook or unfortunately for a circa $300 budget, let us know what video media you would like to be able to use so that we can check the minimum system requirements.

An alternative means of recording video in Windows 10 explained here using this method would help with not needing any video recording software that dictates you would need much higher specs.