Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"The Requested Resource is in use" not able to run anti-virus

• Please log in to reply

Calicio

Calicio

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Howdy! Recently I have not been able to run any malware programs or uninstall anything (also my browser randomly opens and displays ads) ! When trying to run malware programs I get the message "The requested resource is in use". I also tried resetting my PC but when I click on get started nothing happens.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Calicio,

Welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

My name is Donna and I'll be helping you to clean up your computer.

Please read this post completely before beginning. If there's anything that you do not understand, please don't hesitate to ask before proceeding.

Please take note of the guidelines for this fix:
  • Please note that I am a volunteer. I do have a family, a career, and other endeavors that may prevent immediate responses that meet your schedule. Do note that the differences in time zones could present a problem as well. Your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated.
  • First of all, the procedures we are about to perform are specific to your problem and should only be used on this specific computer.
  • Do not make any changes to your computer that include installing/uninstalling programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, nor running scanners or tools of any kind unless specifically requested by me.
  • Please read ALL instructions carefully and perform the steps fully and in the order they are written.
  • If things appear to be better, let me know. Just because the symptoms no longer exist as before, does not mean that you are clean.
  • Continue to read and follow my instructions until I tell you that your machine is clean.
  • If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask before performing the task that I ask of you, and please wait for my reply before you proceed.
  • Scanning with programs and reading the logs do take a fair amount of time. Again, your patience will be necessary. :)
Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to your desktop from one of the links below:

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.
For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64.
  • Right click on the FRST.exe and choose Run as administrator.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Under Optional Scan make sure there is a checkmark in the box for Addition.txt to ensure it creates that 2nd log.
  • Press Scan button.
  • Please attach both logs in your next reply.
Thank you,
Donna :)

Calicio

Calicio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hey thanks for helping me! 

Attached Files

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
You're welcome. :)

Please give me some time to review the logs. As you can see the logs are quite indepth so this could take some time to get back to you. Your patience will be appreciated.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Calicio,

I do apologize for the delay. Let's get you cleaned up here...

Please follow the instructions found here.

Do note: There is a possibility that the scan seems to take forever and may "appear" to pause along the way. This is normal. Please allow the scan to complete on it's own no matter how long it takes.

Upon completion of the scan, two logs (mbar-log.txt and system-log.txt) will be created. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply. Both logs can be found in the MBAR folder.

Calicio

Calicio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Sorry for the lack of updates D: , but a problem I seem to run into is that the Malwarebytes Anti Rootkit program closes out when it gets to around 13000 Malware found (wow)... Should I run a scan for drivers, sectors, and systems individually? Or should I just keep trying to do them all at one time?

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Darn. I was afraid that would happen. The infections your system is inflicted with are notorious for dumping tons of files on the system. Check in the MBAR folder to see if a log was generated. I have seen that happen in the past. If so, post it here and try to run MBAR again. I'll post back with further instructions in a moment.

Calicio

Calicio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I do not have the mbar-log.txt , but i do have the system log ( can't attach because the file is too large )

Edited by Calicio, 29 October 2017 - 12:16 PM.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Try right clicking on the file and choose Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder. Then try to attach. We may have to upload to a storage site such as Dropbox or similar if the doesn't work for you.

Calicio

Calicio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Ahhh there we go!

Attached Files

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Calicio,

Wowsers! How about that system-log? From the looks of it, you could be in the top 10 for most infected files on a system. :P

We're going to remove some the files with FRST and see if we can get MBAR to run a bit smoother. Please do as follows:

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Attached File  Fixlist.txt   12.77KB   800 downloads
  • Right-click on FRST icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait. FRST will automagically find the Fixlist.txt on the desktop and execute the script.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.
Please post it to your reply.

Calicio

Calicio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Tell me about it! The amount of malware my friend has is crazy!

Attached Files

Edited by Calicio, 29 October 2017 - 01:47 PM.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Sounds to me your friend could use a lesson in safe computing. When we are finished I will provide you with a couple links for reading up on that.

Go ahead and see if MBAR will scan now. Still may take a while to complete so kick back, relax and let it do it's thing till finished. As mentioned before, it may appear as if it has stalled. That is normal. Just be patient and let it continue.

The the resultant logs when it is finished, otherwise keep me informed if you are still having issue with MBAR crashing.

Calicio

Calicio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

That still did not work unfortunately! We decided to download the windows refresh tool, so now we are able to run malwarebytes. (Hopefully that was a good idea) ...

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

That still did not work unfortunately!

Yes, that thought had crossed my mind. My next approach would have been from outside the OS by accessing a backdoor through the recovery environment.

We decided to download the windows refresh tool

I have never heard of downloading a Windows Refresh tool to refresh Windows 10. You could have done that from within the Advanced Startup options menu. See here.

Could you share the link with me from where you downloaded it from? Sounds interesting. :)

Could you follow the instructions I posted here and provide the logs please? I would like to make sure that the system is clean before we close this topic.