Files attached :3 Oh and here's the website where I got the tool > https://www.microsof...ows10startfresh
"The Requested Resource is in use" not able to run anti-virus
Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:47 PM
As you can see from the FRST log, a windows.old folder was created as a result of the clean install and the folder is from your old Windows installation.
[2017-10-30 12:10 - 2017-10-30 14:33 - 000000000 ____D C:\Windows.old
Due to the nature of the infections you had on the previous installation (certlock and SmartService rootkit), I would not trust any of the files found in that folder. I recommend deleting it.
Disk Cleanup should remove that folder right nicely for you.
Open Disk Cleanup Tool and select Files from all users on this computer.
Click the Disk Cleanup tab, and then look for the Previous Windows installation(s) check box.
You will need to click on Clean up system files button, in order to see this window.
Only other issue I see in the FRST log is related to Chrome. AdwCleaner should fix that for you:
Download AdwCleaner from here. Save the file to the desktop.
NOTE: If you are using IE 8 or above you may get a warning that stops the program from downloading. Just click on the warning and allow the download to complete.
Close all open windows and browsers.
- XP users: Double click the AdwCleaner icon to start the program.
- Vista/7/8/10 users: Right click the AdwCleaner icon on the desktop, click Run as administrator and accept the UAC prompt to run AdwCleaner.
You will see the following console:
- Click the Scan button and wait for the scan to finish.
- After the Scan has finished the window may or may not show what it found and above, in the progress bar, you will see: Pending. Please uncheck elements you don't want to remove.
- Click the Clean button.
- Everything checked will be moved to Quarantine.
- When the program has finished cleaning a report appears.Once done it will ask to reboot, allow this
- On reboot a log will be produced please copy / paste that in your next reply. This report is also saved to C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C0].txt
1.) AdwCleaner log
2.) Check the C:\ drive to ensure that the windows.old folder was deleted.
3.) Any other issues you might be experiencing that concerns you.
Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:26 PM
There we have it! And yes the old windows is now deleted
Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:25 AM
"So how did I get infected in the first place?" by Tony Klein and updated by Corrine
How Malware Spreads - How did I get infected by quietman7
I will keep this topic open for a few days so that if you have any questions or concerns that you can think of. Come back in a day or so to let me know how things are going and I will close the topic at that time.
It's been a pleasure working with you!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users