Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 upgrade keeps restarting (question)

- - - - - tech preview

• Please log in to reply

Ainel2000s

Ainel2000s

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello

I got an asus laptop with windows 7, just got a new screen and battery. So I got Windows 10, everything was going well, but then I upgraded Windows 10, and after the download was finished, the installation went wrong. Now my laptop keeps restarting. First it goes to the Windows 10 logo and it starts up, but than it says installing previous version and than it just restarts,over and over. So I was wondering if I could save my files and maybe the laptop to. Now I can go into bios but I cannot go into save mode, as I already tried. Does somebody know what to do? If not i'll go to the repair store but maybe I it is easy to fix myself? I should say that I do not know a lot about computers, but I was hoping somebody here does.
Thank you!

Advertisements

Ainel2000s

Ainel2000s

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey
Yes I have an installation dvd from windows 10 but it is from another laptop, is that okay to use? And I can also use another computer.

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

You can use the other installation DVD as long as it is the same version of Windows 10 such as Home, Pro etc. or you can follow the following to create new installation media via DVD or USB

http://www.intowindo...ut-losing-data/

Edited by dmccoy, 01 November 2017 - 01:51 PM.