Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Biometric authenication not working after office 365 install.....

Best Answer SpywareDr , 12 November 2017 - 02:05 PM

Excellent news! Now that it's working correctly, it would be a perfect time to do a backup. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

shajoe44

shajoe44

• PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

I had Office 365 downloaded over the weekend with the help of Microsoft assistant. Ever since the download my biometric authentication does not work and it now asking for a password and also an invoice program I have been using does not recognize outlook as my email client. This program was working fine before the install. Also getting an HP connection manager.exe fatal error message. I have tried twice letting one of their agents try and fix these problems but they are worthless. Thought I would try for help here as I have had great success in the past with bringing problems here.  Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Restore a recent backup, (one made before last weekend).

shajoe44

shajoe44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Could you please give me the steps for this procedure. I have tried F8 during start up and when I get to that screen computer freezes. I also have gone to control panel, security  restore and nothing happens. I made a backup before installing 365 and its contained on 15 CD's.  Thanks

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Which version of Windows is running on the computer?

Which backup software and version was used to create the backup?

shajoe44

shajoe44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Windows 7 Professional  I ran the backup program that's listed under control panel, security, backup.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Open the Control Panel and locate the “Backup and Restore” panel. At the bottom of the window, click the “Recover system settings or your computer” link.  Click “Advanced Recovery Methods” in the window that appears and then click the “Use a system image you created earlier to recover your computer” link.

shajoe44

shajoe44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Thanks  I will try this tomorrow when I'm off

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Sounds like a plan. :)

shajoe44

shajoe44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

OK I tried it and computer freezes during the part where it says windows found problems and gives option of repair and restart.  I chose the use a system image you created earlier, then I pressed skip since I just backed it up on the 22nd, then the computer restarts, says windows is loading files, system recovery box pops up about selecting proper language for keyboard, I hit enter and then searching for windows installations shows, then windows found problems  repair and restart but it freezes here.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Why did you "skip"? You need to "Use a system image you created earlier to recover your computer”

Advertisements

shajoe44

shajoe44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
I thought since I just backed it up a week before there was no need to back it up again. Plus the back up was made before all these problems started. So I need to go thru the back up process again. Thanks

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

You want to restore the backup that was made before the problem occurred.

Doing so will overwrite the problem, returning your system to the way it was before the problem occurred.

shajoe44

shajoe44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

I restored the backup files and problem still is there.........................

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

:confused: Which problem is still there?

shajoe44

shajoe44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

The biometric problem......Problem corrected by Microsoft tech support going onto my computer and 4 hours later all problems resolved. I want to still thank you for your time and effort in trying to lead me to a correction to my problem  I have come here many times and will continue to do so  Thanks again