Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Can't Communicate With Device

• Please log in to reply

bug2

bug2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

I use Yahoo for both. It's not doing it as often, but it will happen on both. So far today it only happened twice.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Nexttime it happens, recommend contacting your ISP's Internet Tech Support and explain the problem.

bug2

bug2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

ok thank you for all the suggestions.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

You're welcome.

bug2

bug2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

I have a quick question.  I am connected wireless and I use my Amazon fire tablet, with that no problems connecting or dropping connections. I have an Amazon fire stick connected. Sometimes when I click on Amazon and am watching, it will disconnect. My question is when I click on the internet symbol on my taskbar and it opens with available connections, it lists my internet connection and also it did say Direct Fire TV EQ and it is available to connect to. That was never there until a few months ago. Now I saw bluetooth connected and turned it off and the network under my internet available connection says hidden network. Could that have anything to do with my problems? Should I turn bluetooth back on? Also why when I go into control panel and available networks, it only lists my wireless internet connection and not the other even though it shows it on the taskbar. I probably totally confused you and I am sorry, but I just wonder why it shows it when I click on my internet icon available to connect, but not when I go into the control panel and network.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Wi-Fi Direct: what it is and why you should care

Probably safer to leave Bluetooth off until you need it.

bug2

bug2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Also when I click on my little internet icon and a list of networks come up, in addition to my named network, the Direct-EQ-FireTv, my neighbors names come up and if you click on their name it will have connect. I should not be able to connect with their internet. Does that mean they could have my name in their available connections and use mine?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Unless your neighbor has set their WiFi network as Open, (which is a bad idea), you should not be able to connect unless you know their password.

Same with your WiFi. They can see it but can't connect to it unless they know your password, (or unless you have it set as Open).

bug2

bug2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

ok thanks so much.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

You're welcome.