Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need to send Photo's folder to D: drive to speed up boot time of t

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

globaljoe

globaljoe

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

I reluctantly took a friends laptop after she complained that it took so long to boot up (Asus, running win 10, C: drive 108Gb free of 279Gb and D: drive 397Gb free of 398Gb.

I need to transfer a large photo's collection box,  that is on the left hand list after pressing the windows logo, and place it on the D: drive to free up space on C:, to shorten the boot time, but I am a bit unsure about how to do this properly as I have no experience of windows 10, and obviously do not want to risk losing the whole picture file which would probably result in my castration!

Any assitance would be gratefully accepted.

Thank you.

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts
Here are the steps if you are looking to permanently move and change the default location of the folder from C drive to D drive.

http://www.dummies.c...-in-windows-10/

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
Hello globaljoe,

I would first of all try just right-clicking on the folder and then copying and pasting it to the other drive. You can then delete the original file once you are satisfied that everything you want is safely on Drive D.

Chris.

globaljoe

globaljoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Thanks for your help dmccoy, much appreciated.

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

No problem. Glad it helped