Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Command Prompt Box-What Does This Mean?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

johnkromka

johnkromka

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

I honestly am not sure where to post this problem.  I wrote about it before a couple of months ago, but was told to go to the Virus Spyware & Malware forum.  Problem is I refuse to run any scans as was told I would need to do before getting any answers on my problem.  I am not trying to be uncooperative, but I have run COUNTLESS scans on my own and am 100% CONVINCED I have been hacked. So I put it here in Windows 10, because that is what I am running. Since I don't wish to run any scans, will you please allow my post here and allow replies, or if not, reply and tell me where the topic should be moved to so I  can get replies based on what I am telling you here.  I thought Networking would be appropriate as hacking is related to a penetration into your network. 

Now for my problem:

In this post, I am going to concentrate on one issue I have suspected was associated with a hacker from the beginning. And more so as time has gone by. It involves my command prompt box. Ever since all this suspicious behavior started on my machine, my command prompt box would come up at random times for about one second, no longer. Sometimes there is writing in the box, sometimes not. Because it goes by so fast have been unable to do a print screen. However, tonight I got lucky. I FINALLY got the screen printed and transferred it to my Paint. The box comes up daily, usually two or three times, as I said at very random times as I have kept records. Unfortunately, on the one I finally caught tonight, there was nothing in the box, but there was some writing across the border on the top. I am going to print here all it said, as I have NO IDEA what it means or may mean. I am hoping someone here may be able to look at this and give me some ideas about it or any information would help. Here is what it said: Select C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\installutil.exe
If you know what that means or even part of it, or have some ideas or theories I would really like to hear them, as I cannot make heads or tails of any of it. It certainly looks "wrong".I do not activate the command prompt box EVER, it just comes up. I have read many things in the search engines that can possibly account for the command prompt box coming up, but have found nothing that relates to my situation. I have seen a few say they were worried it might indicate hacker or malicious activity, like maybe trying to "connect" and other various theories. Understand I NEVER had anything like this happen until all my "problems" began about 2 months ago. Thank you for any and all help.(Please don't ask me to run any scans because I have already done all that and there is no further need. I am POSITIVE a hacker is on my network, I do not need any more scans to convince me of that. I just want some help with this problem I am describing, PLEASE)

Advertisements