Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two old computers with problems, which is more worth saving?

• Please log in to reply

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

I have two old computers that my Father has used over the years, both have problems. Which is more worth saving?

One is a Toshiba Satellite L455D-S5204 which is my old laptop, it needs a new keyboard and has recently been bluescreening and getting a message about Windows detecting a hard disk problem. It has Windows 7 its also somewhat sentalmental to me due to it being the last computer I talked to a close friend with.

The other is a Dell Lattitude D620 which while older runs very slowly and I am guessing has malware issues and might need an OS reinstall and/or malware removal.It has Windows XP.

Which is more worth saving or would it be easier/cheaper for my Father to just get a refurbished or new laptop?

Advertisements

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

If you want to save money then it is better to leave second one. But as I'm also using Toshiba it is nearer to heart :)

If I were you I would leave the first one.

But you can also think about a new one, nowadays you can find a good modern laptop for 300-500$. If you need it not for gaming but just for work/study/social/films it will be more than enough.

My Father mostly just surfs the web on his.