Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.
If you think you have similar problems, please post the appropriate logs in the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal forum and wait for help.
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go.
and I am going to try to assist you with your problem. Please take note of the below:
Before we start:
- I will start working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
- The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!
- The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
- If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
- Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
- Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
- It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad as I post them.
- Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.
Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.Download/run Rkill:
Please download Rkill from one of the following links and save to your desktop:One
- Double click on Rkill.
- A command window will open then disappear upon completion, this is normal.
- Post the log created, found on the desktop rkill.txt. in your next reply.
If one fails to work delete it and download/try another version.Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool:
Please download and save Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 64-Bit
to to your Desktop.
- Right-click on FRST64.exe and select Run as Administrator to start FRST.
- Under Optional Scan ensure both Drivers MD5 and Addition.txt are selected.
- Now click on the Scan button/radio tab >> at the Scan completed prompt click on OK
- At the next prompt denoting Addition.txt is saved in the same location FRST tool is run >> click on OK
- There will now be two logs on your desktop, Addition.txt and FRST.txt. Post the contents of both in your next reply.
When completed the above, please post back the following in the order asked for:
- How is your computer performing now, any further symptoms and or problems encountered ?
- Rkill Log.
- Both FRST logs. <-- Post them individually please, IE: one Log per post/reply.