Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Motherboard beeping! Please help!

• Please log in to reply

loui1410

loui1410

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi

I have Abit's motherboard AN8 nForce 4...

When I enter a game, after about 2min, the motherboard starts beeping!

I don't know why... maybe because of temperature or voltage or something like that...

Anyone got an idea?

By the way, I have to small fans in the back of the case that never work... I don't know if they're plugged in or not...

Advertisements

ryanmills

ryanmills

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

By the way, I have to small fans in the back of the case that never work... I don't know if they're plugged in or not...

Some are meant to kick on if the temp gets to high. Common on some newer Power Supply’s.

I would check your manual on the mother board. It will probably explain the beeps. If you think its over heating (would be my first guess). Pull the side cover off and grab a fan (bigger the better, like a box fan ) and point it right at the CPU and fire it up. If that helps. It is prob overheating. Either the CPU fan is not making good contact with the die (the chip's brain if you will ) or the fan is just to small. I personally think all stock fans are worthless crap. Bigger fans are cheap. But DO NOT TRY TO MOUNT IT IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! Smoking a $200 CPU hurts...

Not saying that’s it for sure but its something to check.

-Ryan

loui1410

loui1410

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hey

I did what you told me:

I pulled the side cover off, and brought a regular fan (you know... the ventilator)... I pointed it at the inner parts... Then I entered the game, and it started to beep... I turned on the fan, and after few seconds it stopped beeping!
So I guess your suggestion worked!

So what's the problem now? Overheating? And what can I do about it?

I checked the fans that are in the back of the case, to know if they're plugged in or not, but I even don't see any wires! They're in a small black box... Here look at the pic...

Thanks,
Loui AW.

Attached Thumbnails

• an8_lg.jpg

loui1410

loui1410

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
 ?