Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to restore deleted browser search history?

• Please log in to reply

Buckeyefever

Buckeyefever

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am trying to restore deleted search history on a tablet can someone tell me how please?

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Buckeyefever,

Welcome to GeeksToGo! :)

Could you be more specific, please?

What type of tablet (windows, android, etc.)?

Which browser (firefox, chrome, etc.)?

The following link of google links may help.

restore deleted search history

I await your answer to the questions above. :)

Buckeyefever

Buckeyefever

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It is an android tablet and Google chrome! That's really about all I know about the device I'm not tech savvy at all. I tried system restore but it was already switched to on therefore didn't do anything.

jamesmehraa

jamesmehraa

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Solution 1: Use DNS Cache to recover deleted Chrome browsing history

Please connect your computer to the internet and do not shut down or restart your computer if you need to recover your lost Chrome history. Follow the next steps to find your deleted Chrome browsing history by using DNS now:

1. Press Windows + R, type cmd and click OK. Or you can also type cmd in Windows search bar.
2. Open Command Prompt, type 
ipcongif /displaydns and click Enter.

Once done, all your recently visited websites will be displayed. You can view all of your recent browsing history including Chrome browsing history and find those important history files back again.

Solution 2: Use data recovery software to recover deleted history on Google Chrome

How to avoid losing your Chrome browsing history/bookmarks from loss?

Backup your Chrome history/bookmarks manually In order to prevent unexpected browser files loss problem from happening again, here below where we offer you a way to protect your Chrome history by backing up the Chrome history manually:
  1. 1. Press Win + R to open the Run dialog, type: %LocalAppData% and press Enter.
  2. 2. Follow and open the sub-folder: Google\Chrome\UserData\Default, and locate the file Bookmarks or History in the folder. 
  3. Copy the file folder of Bookmarks or History to other hard drives to backup.
  4. 3. Then you lost history or bookmarks in PC, you can copy the files back to the folder that you have opened in step 2. 

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

@ theninehertz

I have removed the active links from your posts and your sig as these are not necessary and I would not like folks here to think that you were spamming...

Regards

paws

sam smith

sam smith

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

It's better to use DNS cache.

rashmitabaliyarsingh

rashmitabaliyarsingh

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

For your PC or Computer you can get the browser history back by one of the easy and one step method that is restore your system just going to start menu and search for system restore, tap on this and your search history starts to get back in your system.