Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HTTPS Problems -- revert to factory fresh?

• Please log in to reply

DMCShep

DMCShep

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

I am constantly getting issues like the following in Chrome:

HTTPS Error.png

Given Chrome is my main browser, this makes everything clunky, and many sites broken for obscure reasons because Chrome falsely detects a domain as having an invalid certificate and thus it won't load critical javascript or CSS files.

I strongly suspect this comes from a time when part of my web development job required installing HTTPS certificates manually and overriding some that were installed. That said, we never kept track of which ones or why, and by now every computer I own is having the same issue for the same reason. Really just want to wipe out what's there and start fresh if there's a way to do that.

Firefox works fine on the sites where Chrome throws a fit I should note. Anyone have an easy way to remove the HTTPS certs I've messed with? Chrome and Firefox are both fully up-to-date.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,382 posts

Hi,

What Windows version are you using?

DMCShep

DMCShep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Windows 10 Home x64, updates are current.

(email subscription didn't stick, apologies for delay!)

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,382 posts

Hi,

Try to follow this guide http://woshub.com/up...-in-windows-10/

it shows how to download a list of root certificates from Windows Update and install them.