Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

a real nightmare with this windows 10 (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 30 November 2017 - 02:51 PM

Not heard back from you DreamlessKai , do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

DreamlessKai

DreamlessKai

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

hello everyone,

I have a real hard time using my laptop .it's been almost a month now and it continues......

first here are my specs:

Lenovo ideapad Z500 model 5931
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz 
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 645M 
Video Card #2 Intel® HD Graphics 4000 
RAM 8.0 GB 
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10, 64-bit.

the problem is ,everytime I turn on my laptop there are two options:

1.it loads for like 15 minutes..and when it gets to the lockscreen if i try to click on something so I can get the login screen .it's super laggy and slow as [bleep]...if I try to log in it will take another 15 minutes to show me the desktop and it's super laggy too .it's UNUSABLE, so my only solution here is to turn it off and on several times until it goes back to normal (which takes me most of the time 3-4 hours).

2.it boots up normally.takes about 5 minutes to log in to the screen.

i'm so sad because I don't get my work done at the right time and I really depend on this laptop to earn a living basically since I work from home.

I'm down to do all the manipulations needed ..i've already installed windows 10 3 times or so.it works just fine 2 to 3 days after the install but the problem comes back ........I don't know if this is a malware or something.PLEASE HELP

PS:sorry for my bad english i'm french.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:welcome:    DreamlessKai,

I'm down to do all the manipulations needed ..i've already installed windows 10 3 times or so.it works just fine 2 to 3 days after the install but the problem comes back .

You mention reinstalling Windows 10 three times, was this a clean install as in formatting the hard drive and then doing a clean install of Windows and the system drivers.

Tip

To ensure and so that I can see that you will receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

DreamlessKai

DreamlessKai

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

:welcome:    DreamlessKai,

I'm down to do all the manipulations needed ..i've already installed windows 10 3 times or so.it works just fine 2 to 3 days after the install but the problem comes back .

You mention reinstalling Windows 10 three times, was this a clean install as in formatting the hard drive and then doing a clean install of Windows and the system drivers.

Tip

To ensure and so that I can see that you will receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

hello there,thanks for the fast reply.for the windows reinstall I did it once with the windows media creation tool from microsoft official website and i did choose to save my personal files only..and I did the same thing twice with an iso and a bootable usb..to be fair I can't lose some files (pics /videos/work stuff) so i never wiped the hard drive 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Your hard drive is most likely full of bloatware that is slowing down your computer, please see my explanation regarding upgrading to Windows 10 on brand name computers;

Upgrades to Windows 10 on brand name computers are notoriously troublesome and unfortunately nine out of ten times the best and most efficient fix is a clean install of Windows 10, if this is required in your particular predicament may I suggest that before you do the clean install that you download and save the drivers for the MB to a USB thumb drive, after any clean install, install the MBs chipset drivers and test, most modern hardware gets along fine with Windows drivers but not installing a MBs chipset drivers after a clean install can cause folk no end of problems. 

Backing up your personal data, formatting the HDD and then doing a clean install of Windows 10 and your MBs drivers would give you the best resulting performance, alternatively you could with our help try manually getting rid of any unwanted Lenovo etc software.

You are welcome btw  :)

DreamlessKai

DreamlessKai

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

hi again..sorry for the late reply..

my pc froze .I couldn't move the mouse or do anything (even the ctrl+alt+suppr) doesn't do anything.so I had to hard shutdown with the power button......and since then I just got it back and running again.

thank you so much for the reply and support...for the clean instal option i can't do that at the moment since i don't have an external HDD,so if possible...any help can be highly appreciated.

thx and sorry again

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

No problem, I had called it a day earlier on in the evening in any event  :thumbsup:

You do not need an external HDD to be able to do a clean install of Windows 10 only a USB thumb drive or a blank DVD and a disk burner.

Lets try something else for now;

Couple of suggestions, the first one is to post an Autoruns log for us, see here  

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.

2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".

3: Click on the Options tab and then put a tick against the top three options.

4: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.

5: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop > when you click on File > Save you will then get the option to Save as type, click the drop down tab, change it to Text and then click the Save button.

6: Attach to your next reply.

Tutorial here

Will post the next step when we have your Autoruns log to look at.

DreamlessKai

DreamlessKai

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

hello there ..

sorry again for the late reply.I couldn't have time to take care of this today but i'll be more active from now on.

for the autoruns file here it is

Attached Files

Edited by DreamlessKai, 18 November 2017 - 04:54 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

No problem and appreciate you getting back to us so promptly  :thumbsup:

While I look at your Autoruns log can you do the following for us if you will;

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

DreamlessKai

DreamlessKai

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi there!I'll do that as soon as my pc starts up....

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:thumbsup:

Advertisements

DreamlessKai

DreamlessKai

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Hi there!

....after like 10 attempts my pc finally starts up ..

i did run speccy and here's the link 

http://speccy.pirifo...NZk4SZXQYr3gFsM

thanks a lot

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Hello DreamlessKai,

Just quickly while I go through the Speccy results.

Noticed in your AutoRuns log and again in Speccy that you have both ESET and Malwarebytes software on your computer, are these paid for products, free or trial versions and can you post a link to the Malwarebytes software that you installed.

You are welcome  :)

DreamlessKai

DreamlessKai

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Hiii

sorry for the delay.

for eset it's paid and for malwarebytes it's just the free version .people say that I can run a scan with it that's why I downladed it 

https://fr.malwarebytes.com/

thank you 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Hello DreamlessKai,

How long ago did you install MBAM.

Couple of other things in Speccy;

You have the power plan set to High Performance, this is a form of overclocking that causes system instability and generates heat, change it to Balanced.

Power Profile
Active power scheme: Performances élevées

Your hard drive looks like it could be about to fail, this may be because you are low on free storage space on a couple of the partitions;

Storage
Hard drives
ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB
Manufacturer: Seagate
Heads: 16
Cylinders: 121 601
Tracks: 31 008 255
Sectors: 1 953 520 065
SATA type: SATA-II 3.0Gb/s
Device type: Fixed
ATA Standard: ATA8-ACS
Serial Number: S2U5J9ECA36208
Firmware Version Number: 2AR10001
LBA Size: 48-bit LBA
Power On Count: 3950 times
Power On Time: 429,2 days
Speed: 5400 RPM
Features: S.M.A.R.T., APM, NCQ
Max. Transfer Mode: SATA II 3.0Gb/s
Used Transfer Mode: SATA II 3.0Gb/s
Interface: SATA
Capacity: 931 GB
Real size: 1 000 204 886 016 bytes
RAID Type: None
S.M.A.R.T
Temperature: 30 °C

Partition 0
Partition ID: Disk #0, Partition #0
Disk Letter: C:
File System: NTFS
Volume Serial Number: 860A5954
Size: 397 GB
Used Space: 321 GB (80%)
Free Space: 76 GB (20%) This should be at least 25%.
Partition 1
Partition ID: Disk #0, Partition #1
Volume Serial Number: 70CD346D
Size: 507 MB
Used Space: 469 MB (92%)
Free Space: 38,1 MB (8%)
Partition 2
Partition ID: Disk #0, Partition #2
Disk Letter: D:
Volume Serial Number: EAA775C1
Size: 488 GB
Used Space: 452 GB (92%)
Free Space: 35,3 GB (8%) This should be at least 10%
Partition 3
Partition ID: Disk #0, Partition #3
Disk Letter: E:
Volume Serial Number: 2AF33EAE
Size: 25 GB
Used Space: 23 GB (91%)
Free Space: 2,05 GB (9%)
Partition 4
Partition ID: Disk #0, Partition #4
Volume Serial Number: B4CAC575
Size: 449 MB
Used Space: 390 MB (86%)
Free Space: 59 MB (14%)
Partition 5
Partition ID: Disk #0, Partition #5
File System: FAT32
Volume Serial Number: E85B69AA
Size: 96 MB
Used Space: 25,3 MB (26%)
Free Space: 70 MB (74%)

Check the HDD with CrystalDiskInfo 7.0.0 Standard Edition which you can download from here once done grab a screenshot (possibly two) of the results and attach to your next reply for us.

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... Click on the Upload a File tab then after typing in any response you have... click on Post Reply like you normally would. 

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

DreamlessKai

DreamlessKai

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

hello again 

thank you for the reply...

for MBAM it's been like a month or so...

for the crystaldiskinfo I ran it and it's bad..I don't know what to do at this point

Attached Thumbnails

• CDI1.JPG
  • cdi2.JPG
  • cdi3.JPG