Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Taking down a webpage

take down webpage

• Please log in to reply

chorge

chorge

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I volunteer for a non-profit organization, we have a board only no members. Well a gentleman is trying to Buy and run our business as a for profit. It has already been voted down by our board. However we have found out that He has had a website since 2014 in our name. He has no affiliation with our non-profit. What can we do legally to get it down, everything is linked to his web page, and he will not sell it to us or take it down. It looks horrible since it has not even been updated since 2015. The website registrar is through Geeks to go inc., Which is why I am asking this forum. Any help would be so much appreciated!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 21,382 posts

:welcome:   chorge,

I volunteer for a non-profit organization, we have a board only no members. Well a gentleman is trying to Buy and run our business as a for profit. It has already been voted down by our board. However we have found out that He has had a website since 2014 in our name. He has no affiliation with our non-profit.

That sort of behaviour is not something that you will ever associate with this GTG  :no:

What can we do legally to get it down

This depends on what if any criminal offence has been committed, what if any evidence there is to prove that the law has been broken and who is actually on the wrong side of the law, a breach of copyright is but one such offence to consider.

The website registrar is through Geeks to go inc

Do you have a link to this gentleman's particular site, admin may wish to take a look at it.

NB: Your OP was moved here as the waiting room is only for use when you have waited for three days or more and not received any reply to your OP or last post in thread.