Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Loading Linux

Hang ups

• Please log in to reply

brycrip

brycrip

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Hi Geeks.

Having a very frustrating time trying to switch from Win7 to Linux. The computer is a Lenovo 11e Second Generation, which I've been told isn't good news for running Linux.

I have Mint and Budgie on a hard drive in an External Enclosure. It was prepared for me by someone with 30 years experience and tested thoroughly on several of his machines so I have no doubt the problem isn't with the hard drive he prepared. (But might be something I did to it!)

Initially, both Mint and Budgie opened and ran. But after several times both got hung up and there was no option but to power off. Not good.

On start up I now get the Grub Menu. Selecting either OS brings up a list of errors, mostly “Namespace lookup failed” several “parse/execution failed". Then “No cashing mode page found.” And finally across the bottom: “Busybox v1.22.1 built in shell. Enter 'help' for built-in commands and (initramfs) with its flashing underscore."

I have “Umounted” partitions and run fsck. I have installed the hard drive in the Lenovo and run fsck from a Live USB stick. No change.

Anyone out there have any further ideas for me. What am I missing?

With thanks, Bry

Advertisements

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Never mind. I figured it out myself. Maybe it's time I became a Geek! Thanks all... Bry

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts
Glad you figured it out OK and that its all working now.

It would be very helpful if you set out the detailed steps you took to successfully resolve the issues...

The search engines will then index them so that other folks with similar issues will be able to benefit from your experience.
Thanks
Regards
paws