Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

antivirus gold remover

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I followed your advice on how to remove antivirus gold (you gave to Ricardo New Zealand) [QUOTE]Reboot into SAFE MODE

Go to Add/Remove programs and remove

Antivirus Gold

Now while still in safe mode

Make sure you can view all Hidden Files/Folders search for and delete the files highlighted in BOLD

Restart your computer

Please go Here and unzip the newest version of HJT into a new dedicated folder,
Create a folder on the C: drive called C:\HJT.
You can do this by going to My Computer (Windows key+e) then double click on C: then right click and select New then Folder and name it hjt. Unzip HijackThis into this folder. Launch Hijack This, then press Scan, and press Save Log
This will generate a text file that will list all running processes, all applications that are loaded automatically when you start Windows, and more.
Most things are harmless and needed so don't make any changes.
post a log here please.

I was only able to find and remove :Hookdump.exe, screen.html.
Now my screen is white instead of black and I can not change it through settings. Can I fix this? I am using windows wp

Visiting Consultant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
Hello cuddles57,

Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.