UPDATE: sfc.exe seems to have fixed some of the issues, still checking now..
I'm observing several symptoms recently when using my laptop, but I'm not quite sure if the issue is because of corrupted Windows or something else.
Would appreciate a little bit of help.
- Chrome does not launch even after fresh reinstall. I can see multiple Chrome processes in Task Manager though. It launched like once or twice after a very long time.
- Similar thing happens with other applications like my NVIDIA application. It launched after a very long time, and after I managed to download the driver update, the installation won't work.
- Right click hangs (e.g. Go inside a folder and right-click on blank area to try to bring up options like Create New Folder does not work. Right-click on Desktop does not work. )
- Auto-updates for Windows have stopped. If I try to run Windows Update manually, it hangs. If I try to use the troubleshooter, it just gets stuck at "Detecting problems". I left this overnight just to be sure, still stuck.
- Tried other troubleshooters too like Network troubleshooter and it gets stuck in the same manner.
- Tried to open System Restore and it took way too long to launch. Haven't tried to restore yet though.
- Tried to open Windows Firewall and it took way too long to launch.
- All automatic updates seem to have stopped working. If I open task scheduler, there is an error
"Task OfficeTelemetryAgentLogOn: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range"
- Sometimes seeing 100% Disk in task manager even when I don't seem to be running too many things.
Tried these things:
Ran Malwarebytes and it did not detect any threat
Ran the windows security scan and it did not detect any threat
Tried the DSIM.exe check but it failed to download source something. I tried the workaround in this page (http://www.thewindow...rror-0x800f0906), but mine does not end up being successful. I see messages like 'The service is starting or stopping" "The service is not responding"
Running sfc scan
Thank you in advance! It's a bit hard to try to find a solution without knowing what is actually wrong.
Other things work fine on the laptop though (e.g. other programs have no issue running, response time is still same)
Edited by Aishenne, 25 November 2017 - 10:20 PM.