Wow it's been forever since I've been here. Being a software developer these days has gotten me rusty with fixing computers. So here's my problem....
My downstairs entertainment computer freezes up after about 5 minutes of being on. This happens regardless whether I'm doing anything or not. I can just turn it on, leave it sitting with nothing going on, and when I check up on it about 5 minutes later, it's frozen.
Here's the facts:
- Haven't had a windows update in a year or two. I have them set to manual.
- I've run an old version of Hiren's Boot CD and did RAM tests and Hard drive tests. All came back successful.
- No freezing while running Hiren's Boot CD. Makes me wonder if it might be an Operating System issue...
- I have not run a video card test. Not sure what's a good free one out there...
- I'm pretty sure it's not an infection. I'm a good boy.... :-P But I can run stuff as needed.
- The only recent thing I've changed with my PC that I can think of is removing the Storj software (for sharing my harddrive space).
Please help an ole buddy out!
Thanks a bunch!