This is the information I gathered from Intel's site for my D945GCI motherboard. I am by no means a newbie but this memory has me confused. I purchased this board from E-bay to rejuvenate an older tower.
The board has two DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:
• 1.8 V (only) DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
• Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMS with x16 organization are not supported.
• 4 GB maximum total system memory.
• Minimum total system memory: 128 MB
• Non-ECC DIMMs • Serial Presence Detect
• DDR2 667, DDR2 533, or DDR2 400 MHz SDRAM DIMMs
I need two 2GB mods, anybody has the right ones, I will gladly buy. Bob