Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

High CPU usage regsvr32.exe when connected to network

• Please log in to reply

dyermaker504

dyermaker504

• Pip
  • 2 posts

A co-worker has entrusted me to clean his PC, because he said it was running slow. I figured it was just bloatware or needed a dusting, but it seems it's infected with something. He said he uses it for browsing, shopping and it's just an old HP desktop. It's not really dirty and the temps aren't bad. So I looked into resource monitor and saw multiple instances of regsvr32.exe and under networking it was connecting to all sorts of amazon servers. I unhooked it from my network and the CPU activity returned to normal. After researching I find regsvr32.exe is a MS script to service applications, I guess, and it could be anything. So I started searching and stumbled on this forum. Hope someone can help out. I took FRST logs as requested.

Attached Files

• Attached File  FRST.txt   39.59KB   202 downloads

Edited by dyermaker504, 28 November 2017 - 01:39 AM.

Advertisements

dyermaker504

dyermaker504

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

And Addition.txt. Thanks in advance if anyone can help steer me in the right direction here.

Attached Files

Edited by dyermaker504, 28 November 2017 - 01:39 AM.