Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email address from a URL

• Please log in to reply

Riverdance

Riverdance

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi there - is there a way to figure out what a yahoo email account is from the URL string?  I ran a scan on my ipad that included deleted data, and it came back with a few URLs for yahoo mail.  I myself do not have a yahoo mail account, and am curious as to 1) who in my house does have one, 2) what it is, and 3) why they were using my ipad to access it.  Suspicions highly aroused. :/   Whenever I click on the URL link or paste it into the browser, it just goes to the yahoo login page, but it's obviously someone's email as the URL's include "inbox" and "folder" in some of them. 

Thanks for any help. 

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Could be email addresses buried in web pages that you, (or someone else), has visited.