Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop not connecting to projector (urgent)

• Please log in to reply

lawnguybri

lawnguybri

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

I have a presentation in exactly 19 hours and I can't connect my laptop to my projector. Great.

I have a Hp pavilion entertainment PC, running 64-bit windows 10. I have a presentation tonight, for which I borrowed a colleague's Epson VS240 projector. I have tried to install multiple drivers, and my laptop simply will not connect. I have both an HDMI and USB cords being used, neither is working. I suspect there is something not properly installed on my computer.

PLEEEEAASE help. This presentation is for a capstone project for school. I finish this, and i graduate in three weeks. Not even joking.

Edited by lawnguybri, 30 November 2017 - 02:07 PM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Google: "windows 7" how do you connect to a projector

First hit:

A handy shortcut to connect to a projector is to press Ctrl+Windows logo key+P. This displays the Projectorsettings window where you can choose how to display your desktop. Click one of four display settings: Show Desktop Only On Computer Display uses your current display (on a laptop, that's the display in the lid).

How to Configure a Projector on a Windows 7 PC - dummies
http://www.dummies.c...a-windows-7-pc/

lawnguybri

lawnguybri

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

[bleep], I meant windows 10. I'm used to my computer, I wasn't thinking. This is for my wife's computer. My bad.

lawnguybri

lawnguybri

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

I've gone into settings > system > display, tried to 'detect' another display, but the computer 'didn't detect another display'. I've tried downloading the drivers for this projector, but still no avail.

lawnguybri

lawnguybri

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Seems I'm not the only one with problems...

https://answers.micr...04ab52c3?auth=1

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Google: "windows 10" how do you connect to a projector

Edited by SpywareDr, 30 November 2017 - 02:48 PM.