Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can a 4G Hotspot become a Wired Network System?

4G Hotspot Wired Network System

• Please log in to reply

Krismas

Krismas

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I am needing to know what I can get to help me pass a tech check with a telecommunications company I want to work for. They want me to get a wired network but I can't find a company who can hook one up where I live. Is there some kind of adapter or PoE device that can help me pass like I have a wired network?  I currently use a 4G hotspot

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

What is the make and model number of your 4G hotspot?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

you'd want to find out what exactly they mean by wired network. and why they are requiring such a connection.

effectively from the other end, a 4g or other wireless connection is completely indistinguishable from, say a cable, fiber, or DSL connection.

the only reason I could think of for them to require "wired" over wireless would be perceived reliability. if your cell service in your area is good, and you don't experience random drop offs, it should be completely the same to them.

Krismas

Krismas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks that's what I needed to know