Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

zip archive has a some problem

• Please log in to reply

BatildaBarbo

BatildaBarbo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

But sometimes I have some troubles. Couple days ago I saw a quite strange thing. My solid huge .zip file didn't open as usually. I don't know what to undertake...

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts
Please provide more details to your problem? Want .zip program are you using? Are you seeing any errors? Have you tried 7zip?

Edited by dmccoy, 10 December 2017 - 01:46 PM.

akepersson

akepersson

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Found out it from Google. Given below is a step by step method to repair file zip using inbuilt utility available in a WinRAR application:

• Start WinRAR application.
  • Go to file menu and click open.
  • Through the find archive window, select the corrupted ZIP file available in your local machine.
  • Click to open.
  • Initialize repair by pressing ALT + R.  A message saying, Repairingfile_name.zip will appear.
  • Once the repair is done, it will ask you to save the repaired ZIP file. Browse a specific location for saving the selected file.
  • Enable Treat the corrupt archive as ZIP box and click OK and click close.

Many people says that such methods is more effective that others, but if you can't repair file zip by ordinary ways, then google say to read that

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Winrar-to-Fix-Corrupted-RAR-and-ZIP-Archives

http://kb.winzip.com/kb/entry/126/