Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lenovo ideapad boot loop

Lenovo Bootloop BIOS Crash

• Please log in to reply

Alexander Khamin

Alexander Khamin

• Pip
  • 3 posts
To Whom I May Concern,

I have Lenovo Ideapad 100-15IBD
And yesterday suddenly while I was playing the game my leptop freezes. Then I restarted it, and computer started to boot loop over and over. First it was showing " pxe-e6t media test failure check cable pxe - mof exiting rom" after searching how to fix it I found out in your website forum several solutions and nothing helped . I tried several times to change boot options in BIOS, sometimes it showed me same problem, sometimes it showed me that I have the error of EFI Network 0 for IPv4 and IPv6. I even disassembled laptop and cheked my HDD conection, HDD works good the BIOS finds it. I even could not make system recovery throughout NOVO button menu. I have no idea what to now. I kindly ask you to help me with that issue.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Best Regards.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:   Alexander Khamin,

First it was showing " pxe-e6t media test failure check cable pxe 

Normally suggests HDD/boot media failure or an incorrect boot sequence being selected, as the computer was working when the issue happened it points more towards a problem with the HDD or an outside chance Windows being corrupted.

HDD works good the BIOS finds it.

Can I ask how you know that the HDD works good and what does the BIOS say about the HDD.

Alexander Khamin

Alexander Khamin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
When I was checking BIOS, it showed me the name of my HDD. If I understand correctly that means that PC indicates my HDD.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

When I was checking BIOS, it showed me the name of my HDD.

Please re check in the BIOS, make a note of the following and then post it here for us.

What is the boot order set as.

How is the HDD identified (or as you describe, what name) in the BIOS.

Alexander Khamin

Alexander Khamin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It says- Hard Disk "Toshiba hq02abf0h-sshd-8GB"

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

It says- Hard Disk "Toshiba hq02abf0h-sshd-8GB" 

Not finding anything with the ID description of Toshiba hq02abf0h-sshd-8GB the 8GB btw is the NAND (flash memory) that the drive has, the actual storage capacity and identification description of the drive is not present, for how the actual drive should be listed in the BIOS see attachment below. 

Has the original HDD been replaced on this computer as all the info that I can find says that the model shipped with either a 500GB or a 1TB stock HDD and primarily the Seagate brand, freedos or Windows 10 being the choice of OS, specs here

What is the boot order set as.

Can you also answer this for us.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Not heard back from you Alexander Khamin , do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.