Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printing problem in PSCS6

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Ste

Ste

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Hi, I have recently begun to have a problem when printing from Photoshop Cs6. As soon as I click on ‘print’ the cursor becomes the familiar ‘blue circle’ and is out of control in that it wanders slowly in the direction I move it and carries on moving when I stop moving the mouse. (Printing using other programs seems to be normal).

Though the print settings finally appear it takes too long and makes the whole process of choosing settings time consuming. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer and driver so I am puzzled.

The only thing that has changed is that I have had a new 4K BenQ monitor. I have tried printing with the monitor set at different resolutions but it is just the same result. Any leads? Thanks.

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts
Since it doesnt appear to be a printer issue, then I would try repairing or reinstalling Photoshop

Edited by dmccoy, 19 December 2017 - 12:28 PM.

Ste

Ste

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Hi, thanks for replying. Yes, I considered that but it is the last resort. I'll just wait to see if there are any other suggestions and probably do that after Christmas. I was hoping it could be a preference or setting somewhere.

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts
It has been a while since I have used Photoshop but if you can run a repair rather then uninstalling and reinstalling it shouldn’t affect any of your settings etc

Ste

Ste

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Hi, Yes that's true though I am not sure how to do that at the moment. There has been a development though. I have just installed Adobe Light Room and the printing issue is the same suggesting a driver problem, at least to me; someone may know better.

I have removed and re-installed the driver completely a few times now without any improvement and in PS I am getting the message that the version of PS is not compatible with the printer even though I have been using them together for a few years now. 

I also sold a large format HP printer recently and uninstalled it from my system but I have seen several mentions of HP drivers appear though unfortunately I have been unable to locate them and am not sure where they appeared as I was concerned with my Canon drivers at the time. I was wondering if these programs are defaulting to a printer that is non existent before reverting the the Canon? Maybe I should begin another post to find out how to find the remnants of these drivers though I will be investigating in the meantime.

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts
Download a pdf printer program or if using Windows 10 use the built in pdf printer and see if it will print to it, that may help narrow it down more

Edited by dmccoy, 23 December 2017 - 08:35 PM.

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts
The followimg links provide information on backing up and restoring your settings if you decide to remove and reinstall. Although I dont think you will lose your settings anyway since they are saved under your user account.

https://helpx.adobe....-migration.html

https://madcatphotog...oshop-settings/

Edited by dmccoy, 23 December 2017 - 08:45 PM.

Ste

Ste

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Hi, Thanks for the help but I decided to do a PS re-install after cleaning up with the Revo Uninstaller. Some old HP drivers (at least what seem to be parts of them) turned up so I deleted them and the remnants. Maybe they were the problem, not sure. Anyway all is back to normal at the moment. Sorry I could not be specific about the cause for those who may have been interested.

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

Great glad to hear you got it working