Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 keeps restarting/rebooting (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer spidergirl79 , 18 January 2018 - 03:31 PM

I got rid of the AVAST! Thanks for your help on that.   Domestic circuit. So something in my house? Oh no.. And come to think of it, the other PC in our house does not wake up from s... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

spidergirl79

spidergirl79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Okay. Checked the rocker switch and nothing. Tried a socket on a different wall, nothing. A (desk fan not PC) fan is working. A lamp is on. The amber light on my monitor glows. But my PC is RIP.

EDIT: Okay so after plugging it into the new socket (WHY are power supply cords SO short!) I tried turning it on. Nothing. Flipped the rocker switch. Nothing. Sat down. Defeated. Perused my cell phone. About 10 minutes later I thought, try again. Boom! My PC came on. It lives. For now. 

Also I forgot to answer your question about items waking up my PC: Yes, all in the same floor/room. The heating system that wakes up my PC is actually an electric heater with a wall thermostat, not a free standing heater.

Edited by spidergirl79, 18 January 2018 - 03:21 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts

Sounds like a bad connection somewhere, possibly the case power button but  at the same time it could be the domestic circuit so it should all be checked.

spidergirl79

spidergirl79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
✓  Best Answer

I got rid of the AVAST! Thanks for your help on that. :) 

Domestic circuit. So something in my house? Oh no..

And come to think of it, the other PC in our house does not wake up from sleep (as fas as I know) when other devices are turned on.... thanks for your help.

What should I do with this thread?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts

If all is good just mark it as being solved, its been a bit of an epic so there is no single answer that gives the full solution  :)

spidergirl79

spidergirl79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Many thanks again for your time, help and patience with me.  :smashcomp:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts

You are most welcome  :)