Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linking a Windows 7 Pro PC to 11 MacBook Pros

• Please log in to reply

brausch

brausch

• Pip
  • 1 posts

So, at work, we have one Windows PC. We have this because a machine we use to take x-rays will only work with a Windows PC. Every other computer we have is a Mac. We have 11 Macbook Pros that we have set up to receive the images from the Windows PC when they are taken. There is a shortcut for each Macbook on the desktop of the Windows PC. Occasionally, the shortcuts disappear from the desktop of the Windows PC. This didn't seem to be a huge problem to fix until lately. Now when I try to find the MacBooks on our network through the Windows computer, I can't connect to some of the MacBooks. It doesn't see them. None of the settings on any of the computers have changed. 

So my question is, why is this happening? How can I get the Windows PC to always see the MacBooks? 

They are all on the same network. We only have one.

All the computers are shutdown at the end of the night and rebooted in the morning.

I can connect to all of the MacBooks through each MacBook, so they can see each other and talk to each other.

I cannot see the Windows PC through 4 of the MacBooks. Yesterday it was 4 different MacBooks that couldn't see the Windows PC but they can today.

I have tried mapping the network for each Macbook and still no luck.

I'm at my wits end with this. I need some advice please.

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

It doesn't look as though our members have been able to come up with anything that is likely to help, or maybe its because your network seems to be a business set up and of course this site's Terms of Use specifically exclude assistance in that area:

Here's an extract:

We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.

Maybe it would be worth while asking your firms IT dept/ for assistance? or an IT consultancy that offers support in this area? 

I did however try to find out (by a general search) if there was any information that might help you and came up with this link:

https://support.appl...US&locale=en_US

Hopefully this may assist

Regards

paws