Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

lsass.exe system error. object name not found

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi guys!

some strange thing happened to me. My laptop worked beautifully for about a week after reinstalling windows XP home (after clean format). I shut down the computer and now, 2 days later when trying to restart, the following message appeared after loading the windows startup screen: "lsass.exe: system error. Object name not found". The system reboots after you close the message. In other words I cannot access windows or safe mode or command prompt.

This is strange because I was not active on the computer since it was working fine. I also have ZoneAlarm Pro installed on it as well as AVG antivirus. The laptop is connected via network LAN with my home PC where I have been active on the internet, but no problems with that PC.

Is this the sasser virus. Nevertheless, how would I go about removing this problem if I cannot access windows?

Thanks guys!!

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have had the same problem on a notebook, Tried to replace it with Recovery Console and everything. What do we do next?