Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My H60 Liquid CPU Cooler is not compatible?

Best Answer phillpower2 , 27 December 2017 - 05:54 AM

unoplusunoistu, The cooler is shown to be compatible with socket LGA1151 but it is not on the list of compatible coolers on the ASUS site here the latter does not mean that i... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

unoplusunoistu

unoplusunoistu

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My friend made a list of PC parts (Check here: https://au.pcpartpic...om/list/gXnLvV)

As you can see the Compatibility Check found no issues or incompatibility.

However, when my friend tried to put the parts together, the Liquid CPU Cooler did not fit in with the motherboard (Asus - PRIME Z270M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard) nor the CPU (Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor)itself. It was slightly too big.

We checked the Liquid CPU Cooler (Corsair - H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler )and it seems like it is not compatible with LGA 1151 for some odd reason (It was not in the compatible socket table on the box).

I went back to the computer shop and they said it should DEFINITELY work and fit despite not being listed in the box.

I just wanted to confirm with you guys to see if this is true? 

Many thanks and any help will be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
✓  Best Answer

:welcome:   unoplusunoistu,

The cooler is shown to be compatible with socket LGA1151 but it is not on the list of compatible coolers on the ASUS site here the latter does not mean that it will not fit just that it has not been tested and approved by ASUS.

Tip, when fitting a CPU that ships with a stock cooler you are best to do the initial build using that, if you use a third party cooler and something goes wrong you have two worries, 1: Did the third party cooler damage the CPU or was the CPU doa. 2: You have potentially voided your Intel warranty by using a third party cooler, Intel are a bit vague at times on this whereas AMD clearly state that not using any cooler that ships with one of their CPUs 100% voids the three year warranty.