Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 7 won't boot

Start up

• Please log in to reply

brycrip

brycrip

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Happy Holiday, Geeks! From around the world! Cool!

Win7 won’t start on my Lenovo 11e, Generation 2, laptop. Bought it on Amazon about 2 years ago so it is relatively new.

On boot-up I get the Win Logo then it repeatedly goes to Windows Error Recovery page. Can’t boot to Safe Mode: it starts loading files then seems to stall.

I’ve opened Bios and reset the defaults.

My Recovery Files are on a stick and with the stick installed, I select from F12. It seems to run normally and I have tried a full recovery to factory settings, and selected repair partition “C” as well, but on restarting the computer, I’m sent back to the Windows Error Recovery page and the whole process starts once again.

Any ideas for me? And thank you in advance.

Bry

Advertisements

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Thanks, Tomm.... having a tough time connecting to you. I'm working on this thanks. I assume when you say Windows Setup Media you are referring to the restore files I have saved on a stick. How do I start the Command Prompt from there?

Bry

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

It's a Lenovo laptop... no disc drive.

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Hey Tom, sorry for the long delay. I’ve had some other issues that got in the way.

I have downloaded Rufus to my desk top and tried the Microsoft link you provided. Thank you.

I entered the product key and got:

“The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options”

As always, Microsoft seems uncooperative and passed the buck.

So I need to contact Lenovo?

Thanks so much Tom,

Bry