Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I remove a Search bar in IE 11

• Please log in to reply

tjmcs

tjmcs

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

I use IE 11 for some searches. I know it has problems but even Google does. My problem is this: when I open IE, I have 4 search bars. I need to know how to remove one of them. In the attachment, it is the one on the top right.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Hi,

Sorry I don't see any strange search bar on the image!

If its the Search box on the right side on the top after the address bar, the visibility of this is affected by the option "show tabs on a separate row" on IE 11

https://www.sevenfor...w-turn-off.html

tjmcs

tjmcs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Sorry I took so Long to get back, SleepyDude. The ISP in my area went black. No tv signal, no internet, no telephone. Nobody can say why. Had to find somebody with a working connection to type this.

That was it at the top right, said "SEARCH". Not to good at all the tabs and bars, and such. Turned on for this and it was gone.

THANKS.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Good it worked for you.