Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can I replace my E5300 with a E8500?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Tollerowner

Tollerowner

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
I know it is an old piece of junk, but it does pretty much what I want, but is slloooww.

It is a HP S5500 with a E5300 processor.  I see a E8500 on line for $10.  It is the same socket.
What will happen if I replace my processor?

Supposedly it is 33% faster that would be a good deal for $10.

W10H, 4gb memory.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hello Tollerowner,

You have an ongoing thread here asking the same question where they are waiting for you to get back to them.

We are always happy to help when we can but we cannot safely do so if you are already receiving assistance on any other forum, doing so may lead to confusion as to whose and what guidance you are following which can be both dangerous and costly, decide on which forum you wish to continue and as a courtesy let the other/s know that assistance is no longer required.

Thank you for your understanding.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Member continuing on other forum so this thread will be closed as per the above.