Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cyberpowerpc fan trouble (RESOLVED)

fan trouble cyberpowerpc

• Please log in to reply

Dbz2004

Dbz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

I found one on Amazon but I am not sure if it is good or not: https://www.amazon.c...2SDSA95L5&psc=1

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Looks good.

Dbz2004

Dbz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

I ended up going to my local Best Buy just to check and see if they had any fans because the 2 day shipping from amazon was a little too much for me right now and I found a good model for as much as the one I found on Amazon (plus there was no shipping involved). Got it installed and ran a fan check.

EJ6LAdt.png

Also there is no more noise at all. So I consider this resolved unless you want me to run another Process Explorer log.

Dbz2004

Dbz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

actually, nevermind. This was a few minutes after my initial post and the temp is over the desired level so i have no idea what is going on:

55Gk4Sx.png

Dbz2004

Dbz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Final fan check before i shut down my desktop computer:

q8NM7RX.png

I have no idea why the temps are still way too high

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Temperatures will normally go up as CPU usages climbs.  In the second picture you are using 67% of the CPU which is a fairly heavy load.  The temp rise is normal.  As long as it stays under about 70 when under load there should be no problem.  In the third you have checked automatic fans speed so speedfan is trying to control the fans and it's actually slowed the fans down.

I assume you have checked the heatsink and vents for dust.

Did you make sure to install the new fan so that it blows air in the same direction.

Dbz2004

Dbz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

yeah i did. i can always flip it tomorrow and see if that helps.

i did a thorough dusting of the entire tower with canned air when i posted this thread.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

OK.  Doubt it will make a difference but worth a shot.

Don't worry too much about the flame indication on speedfan.  It's arbitrary and really only applies at idle.  It's normal for things to get warm under load.  Just stay under 70-75 and you should be fine.

Dbz2004

Dbz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

just in case it does get between 70-75 what should i do? turn it off and let it cool off for a certain amount of time? i do have a stand fan on the tower, too, so that should help with cooling it off, right?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

That's probably the best thing to do.  Overheating will shorten the life of the CPU.

Speedfan when minimized shows you a temp.  Usually it's the hard drive which isn't much use but you can change it:  Hit Configure then click on the highest temp and check Show in tray

I also like to change the color scheme to make it easier to read: Configure then Options and you will see Icon Background & Text.  I use None for the Background and Yellow for the Text and OK.

Advertisements

Dbz2004

Dbz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

okay.

it seems that after i pointed the fan towards the back of my tower the temperature is staying in between 48-50C. So it might be a different fan failing or it might be a second fan slowly failing at the same time the first one was. At least I have a second paycheck coming soon so I can get that one replaced. And it is the one that is right on my heatsink, too. So i am going to call it resolved for now.

Dbz2004

Dbz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

I am at a loss as to what to do. Temp 3 for SpeedFan has been in the 50s whenever I am watching a stream on Twitch or playing any game. I know it isn't any of the two that I replaced two months ago. I do have a third fan on the other side of the computer but it is a boxy-kind of fan and it its own casing. Is that one failing, too?

Attached Thumbnails

• speed_fan.png

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

52 is not bad when under load.  It's normal for things to heat up when working hard.  If it stays under 65 or so there's usually nothing to worry about.  The little flame icon is arbitrary and is set at 50 by default.  A desktop at idle running at 52 might need some attention but under load everything's fine.

Dbz2004

Dbz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

i wasn't playing any games when i took that screenshot, though. that was when it was standing idle

Dbz2004

Dbz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

this is the fans when i have a game running

EDIT; and before you ask i did clean out the inside of my PC tower before i started up the game/turned on my computer with canned air

Attached Thumbnails

• game_load.png

Edited by Dbz2004, 06 March 2018 - 10:15 PM.