Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cyberpowerpc fan trouble (RESOLVED)

fan trouble cyberpowerpc

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

The main temps you care about are Core which is your CPU and GPU which is your graphics.  These are staying fairly cool even under load so I wouldn't worry about Temp 3 which isn't getting that hot.  If a fan starts quickly and doesn't make any odd noises there is no need to replace it.

Advertisements

Dbz2004

Dbz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

i know a few times the fan has gotten to 60C and the GPU fan was hovering around 50-51C when playing that same game

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

As long as it stays under 65 there is no problem.

Dbz2004

Dbz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

i have no idea what to do. this is a speccy report after me just having chrome open for less than 10 minutes:

http://speccy.pirifo...01iqFJY4V4XnZCj

Dbz2004

Dbz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

also, can you tell me what kind of fan this is:

Attached Thumbnails

• fan.jpeg

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Speccy doesn't look bad.  What's the problem?

Your fan picture needs to show a part number or at least add a ruler to it and tell me what kind of connector it has.  3 wire or 4?

Dbz2004

Dbz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Sorry about not replying until now. Been busy with work

The one problem fan was almost at 65C and one other was over 50C (which rarely happens now).

I don't know what kind of connector but I did get the pics. I had to turn off the fan and unscrew it since it was screwed to the casing of my desktop.

Attached Thumbnails

• image1.jpeg
  • image2.jpeg
  • image3.jpeg

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Note that speedfan does not report fan temps (just the speeds sometimes) so I'm not sure how you have decided that this is bad.  Does it not start quickly when the power goes on?   Does it make a lot of noise?

If this is the fan from the power supply you show then it's a DPS122512M.   You can get a new one from Ebay for $13.99

https://www.ebay.com...n-/172796906398

but you may have to solder or splice to the old wires.

Not sure I would bother tho.  The power supply is a really cheap thing. with a bad rep.  See:

https://linustechtip...00w-crappy-psu/

Better to look around for a new power supply.

Dbz2004

Dbz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

then why did the other person who replied earlier in my thread suggest that i install it in the first place if it doesn't report fan temps? I am just worried that my computer is going to constantly be in the high 50C when summer time hits because i live in the desert and it can get up to 100F where I live. even though i do put the air con on i dont know how much that will help with keeping my computer cool. even now it is between 56-57C and it is barely 80F outside.

that was the power supply that was with the computer when it was given to me from my friends. i had no say in what came with the computer since they had it for a year (or maybe two) prior to be getting it.

i know that something is making a random clicking in the computer. i have downloaded a program called CrystalDiskinfo since i thought it was the hard-drive but this was the results.

it doesn't take too long for my computer to turn on-maybe a minute or two at most.

Attached Thumbnails

• crystaldisk.png

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Speedfan measures the temps that are reported by sensors embedded in the motherboard and the CPU and GPU.  There are no sensors in the fans.  As long as the CPU and GPU stay cool there is nothing to worry about.  There is no way to tell what temp 3 is and I don't think it's important. 

All speedfan does with fans is tell you how fast they are going if the motherboard reports that info.  Normally the power supply doesn't report temps or fan speed.

Your temps are pretty decent.  Just make sure the PC is not in direct sunlight and its air flow is not blocked and it should be fine.

The power supply is one that is often supplied with PCs mainly because it is very cheap. 

The Crystal program just looks at the SMART info.  It's not a really good test of the drive.  It's possible that the clicking noise you hear is coming from the drive.  The drive heads move back and fourth to read the data as the disk spins and since your drive is a bit old that may be the source of the noise.

Advertisements