Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Default Settings on a W10 desktop

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Background: I came across an old photo (apparently using Windows Photo Viewer). Among the options I see on the Photo Viewer tool bar is "E-mail" and when I click it I see this message,

"E-mail ...

There is no email program associated to perform this action. Please install an email program or if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

When I go to control panel\Default settings I see an option having to do with Mail .... but then I get lost. Can someone please walk me through the rest of the process?

FWIW ... I currently use an Yahoo mail account for my email and I want to continue doing so. Can I make it my "default email" setting, the one that will then allow me to email that old photo (and ones like it)? If so, how?

Thanks. ... batpark

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

Please provide the name and extension of the file. This will help determine what email program the file can be used with to open it. From your message this sounds like you are trying to open an email file and not a photo.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

dmccoy: When I right click the "old photo" I learn that: its name is something like  nnnnn_nnnnnnnnn_nnnnn_n (where the ns are all digits, 1 thru 9); its extension is jpg; and its location is C:\Users\801\Downloads\Tassie.files. I <believe > I received the "old photo" (and a dozen like it) as an attachment to an email. ....batpark

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

Okay what happens if you right click on the file and select Open With from the menu. Then select your Photo program to open?