Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no sounds after windows 10 upgrade and soc driver for stick installed

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

seja

seja

• Pip
  • 1 posts

hello

I don't n know much about computers but I try anything before I ask for help.

So this is what happened

I had an old windows 10 build that wanted to upgrade all the time and after that gave me a blue screen, finally I gave up and did a clean install.

I now have windows 10, build 1709 x86 based systems on a medion notebook

My audio device and sound were gone after the install. Roll back not possible. I guess it was incompatible.

​Windows update told me the notebook was completely updated. Troubleshooter didn't detect any problems.

​I tried driver update with Driver Easy but this tool keeps saying drivers have to be updated although device manager says the driver is updated. 

I got code 10 This device cannot start. Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API. I tried to fix that to no avail. I try to find upper and lower 

filters to delete them but I couldn't find them. I do not know much about the registry. I needed to create more memory? but the file name PoolMessageMaximum already existed and I couldn't do that.

​I also got code 13 in device manager with system Intel Atom Processor 12C Controller.

Driver uninstall and restart didn't work also, or detect hardware changes.

So I finally downloaded:

This download installs the System-on-a-Chip (SOC) drivers for Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC, for the following system devices: Audio. (and more)

Now I have

an audio device but no sound.

The code 13 is also fixed and gone.

​and the realtek I2S audio codec is fixed although I do not have realtek in the device manager anymore.

I attached a snapshot of the device manager what I have downloaded so far in sounds video and game controllers but didn't work.

Realtek had a yellow triangel.

After the SOC driver install I got audio inputs and outputs in the device manager.

​I have attached snapshots.

Please help and let me know what other info you need. I am afraid my netbook is too old for this new windows version.

kind regards seja

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture device manager audio.PNG
  • Capture device manager.PNG
  • Capture device manager system.PNG

Advertisements

joaneee

joaneee

• Pip
  • 6 posts

I'm not sure if that's the correct name for your Audio and mic or that appeared because you used a different driver. The only thing I can suggest to you is that you try to use one of these: https://www.catalog....Device (WDM) 10.

There are known compatibility issues between Windows 10 and older drivers. I personally had issues installing a newer GPU on Win 7 and it would not work, had to upgrade to 10 to get it to work. I assume there's a major difference. 

IMO, it's generally a bad idea to upgrade a laptop's OS.