Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

RAM UPGRADE

• Please log in to reply

Phyzyprogrammer

Phyzyprogrammer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have Dell with Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU 6300 @1.86GHz 1.86Ghz with 1 GB RAM i want to upgrade my RAM(memory) to 8 GB. Can this can be done. please help me?

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Sophomore

• GeekU Sophomore
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Please provide the make and model of your dell and service tag if known.

Phyzyprogrammer

Phyzyprogrammer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I really don't know the model, but am sure it's windows vista, windows 7 professional, plus I don't know the service tag

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 746 posts

Until dmccoy has an opportunity to get back to you,  it might be as well as to go to the Crucial site  and let their scanner scan your computer. They will then provide you with all the details of the memory and compatible modules available.

Here's the link

www.crucial.com

On using Internet Explorer you may be asked to accept an Active X control from that site ...... it is generally considered safe to do so.

Regards

paws

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,644 posts

For Dells, if you look at the bottom or back of the system it would be a white tag that is labeled service tag. 

SelenaAnderson3387

SelenaAnderson3387

• Pip
  • 8 posts

The best way is to check your service tag after that check your system compatibility on dell website and see if your system supports the higher amount of memory.