I have the trojan-spy.html.smitfraud.c blue screen, i have just renewed my mcafree virus scan but it has not removed it. I can see people are posting a log but I don't know how to get it or what it is. any help very gratefully received.
sebastian123 own topic
Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:56 AM
Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:19 AM
Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and remove the following programs, if found:
Exit Add/Remove Programs.
*IMPORTANT*CLICK THIS LINK TO LEARN HOW TO VIEW HIDDEN FILES
Press CTRL ALT DELETE to open Windows Task Manger. Click on the Processes tab and end the following processes:
List any files going to be deleted that are running
Exit Task Manager.
I need you to copy all of the Killbox instructions below and paste them into Notepad and save it for use while in Safe Mode.
* Please download the Killbox by Option^Explicit. *In the event you already have Killbox, this is a new version that I need you to download.
Unzip it to the desktop but do NOT run it yet.
* Please reboot into Safe Mode by restarting your computer and tapping F8 continuously as your computer is booting up until a menu appears. use your up arrow key to highlight "Safe Mode", then hit enter
* Once in Safe Mode, please run Killbox.
* Select "Delete on Reboot".
* Open the Notepad file where you saved these instructions earlier, and copy the file names below to the clipboard by highlighting them and pressing CTRL + C:
* Return to Killbox, go to the File menu, and choose "Paste from Clipboard".
* Click the red-and-white "Delete File" button. Click "Yes" at the Delete on Reboot prompt. Click "No" at the Pending Operations prompt.
If your computer does not restart automatically, please restart it manually. While your computer is restarting, tap the F8 key continually until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode, then hit enter. Yes, we need you to go back into Safe Mode!
Make sure you can view hidden files.
Using Windows Explorer, delete the following (please do NOT try to find them by "search" because they will not show up that way)
FOLDERS to delete (in bold) if found:
C:\Program Files\Search Maid
C:\Program Files\Virtual Maid
C:\Program Files\Security IGuard
Reboot into normal mode.
*Download and install Registrar Lite version 2.00
*Double click the purple Registrar Lite icon on your desktop.
*Copy the line below and paste it into the "Address" field (located at the top) of the program:
*Click the "Go" button.
*It will take you into the "Policies" folder.
*Locate the "System" folder (in the right panel)
*If found, right-click on the System folder and go to Delete
*Be very careful that you only delete the System folder that is inside the Policies folder.
Reboot your computer again.
Please go to http://www.bleepingc...g/smitfraud.reg and download that file,
Once downloaded, Please run it.
It will ask if you want it to merge with the registry.
Please accept this, You will have to reboot
1.) Download the Hoster from HERE Press "Restore Original Hosts" and press "OK". Exit Program.
2.) Download: http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/DelDomains.inf
To use: right-click and select: Install (no need to restart)
Note: This will remove all entries in the "Trusted Zone" and "Ranges" also.
3.) Download, install, and run CleanUp!
4.) Run this online virus scan: ActiveScan - Save the results from the scan!
[b]Post a new Ad-aware SE Logfile.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users