Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI Display Driver problem

• Please log in to reply

oliviaorange

oliviaorange

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok, so I'm not completely confident this is a hardware problem so please correct me if this is in the wrong place. I have a PC running on Windows XP. I upgraded AIM yesterday and it downloaded an AOL toolbar. I didn't want this toolbar so I went to my Add/Remove programs section and tried to remove it. Unfortunately I clicked the wrong program and uninstalled my ATI Display Driver :tazz: . When I booted up my computer this morning, everything was really big. I don't know if this is the only problem or not as I have just discovered this, but I was wondering if there is some easy way for me to just download a new one. Thanks, and yes I will be so much more careful in the future.

I'm not sure if the image I've attached gets the problem across but basically that wireless internet window would usually take up 1/4 of the screen or less and now takes up practically the whole screen. Also all of those desktop icons used to be small and neatly arranged.

Posted Image

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This is most likely the cause, you can get the driver here

https://support.ati....dge&folderID=27

depending on the card, you may want to get other software, such as catalyst.

oliviaorange

oliviaorange

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thank you for your help. Catalyst was not compatible but I downloaded Hydravision and everything seems to be back to normal.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank you for letting me know