Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

macbook pro early 2011 not turning on even if plugged

• Please log in to reply

fvergas

fvergas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
macbook pro early 2011 not turning on even if plugged into the wall.

two days ago my original charger exploded when i plugged it into the wall.. like smoke came out and everything. the copper wires were broken and all that. so i bought a off brand charger and a new battery (since my macbook said replace soon) so i bought both things at the same time from amazon.

charger arrived, i plugged it and the little green light didnt turn on or orange.. so i decided to replace the old battery with the new one, and nothing happens either.

a buzzing sound starts as soon as connected to the charger, but the charger does not indicate the green or orange light.

tried turning on without battery, a new charger, a new battery, several wall plugs. nothing is working. tried resetting the SMC by removing battery and pressing 5 seconds the power button.. nothing.

i can hear a buzz from the macbook when plugged and it silences out when unplugged. any help as of what should i do is welcome. thanks

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Sounds like the Macbook has been zapped. I'd take it to an Apple service center and see what they suggest.