Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need to regain access to another facebook account I made

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Waterfireearth

Waterfireearth

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

I made another Facebook account a year or more ago for the sole purpose of conducting social experiments. The idea was to screenshot the messages eventually and show people the outcomes of various experiments. But recently that account was reported for having a different name then the one 'you go by in everyday life'. I'm not going to lie to someone. If they ask me about the name I tell them the truth. 

Anyway. I need to regain access to that account. BUT Facebook is now asking me to upload an ID of some form.

I have my main FB and obviously I do not want that to get shut down. I am scared that if I do upload my ID I risk having BOTH accounts shut down.

Now FB does say I can provide a form of ID without a photo such as a birth certificate. Could I change my date of birth on my main account and then upload the ID that does not have a photo on the other account? After all two people could have the same first and last name. 

I only need access long enough to take all the screenshots needed. Which will likely be a week or two.

''Anything that you send us should contain either your name and date of birth or your name and photo.''

Thank you

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 749 posts

Here's an extract from Facebook's published information:

Registration and Account Security
Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:

1. You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not create more than one personal account.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.

It looks as though you may be already in breach of their requirements.....

The better course of action may be to make a full disclosure to Facebook of exactly what you have done ( giving your reasons if you think them relevant)

It is not recommended that you provide any information that is intended to mislead.

This may not be the answer that you were seeking, but I cannot help you to provide a solution that contains anything other than accurate information, or is not in accordance with Facebook's requirements

Regards

paws

Waterfireearth

Waterfireearth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Cannot contact Facebook. There is no way I know of to contact Facebook. Do you know of a way? Also. Wouldn't a full disclosure risk me having my real account shutdown?

Edited by Waterfireearth, 18 January 2018 - 05:20 PM.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,026 posts
Was this really for the purpose of a social experiment or cyber bullying? In the eyes of the authorities, and the victims, there is no difference.

Wouldn't a full disclosure risk me having my real account shutdown?

Yes it could, and it should be if the profile you created was for the sole purpose of conducting social experiments. Especially if it is viewed as containing content that consists of Cyber Bullying!

Not only does making a fake Facebook profile violate Facebook's terms of use, but it now also may be against the law. A new law in California makes it illegal to create a Facebook page in someone else's name for the purpose of cyber bullying. Social experimental purposes may fall in that category as defined by law in any given Country, State, County, etc.

Megan's Story
The Top Six Unforgettable CyberBullying Cases Ever
Do note the above title to the link, "The Top Six...".... Yes, only six of an undisclosed number of cases throughout the world.

Anyway. I need to regain access to that account. BUT Facebook is now asking me to upload an ID of some form.

Cannot contact Facebook. There is no way I know of to contact Facebook. Do you know of a way?

The above is one way to contact Facebook. Another is found here.

My apologies if I got idea here, but my daughter and I are still recovering from the cyber bullying she endured 6 years ago, and yes, I have bitter feelings for those who abuse the use of and think that social media was created for the purpose of experiments on society.

DonnaB

Waterfireearth

Waterfireearth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
No need to link bullying articles. Don't assume. I've already written what I created it for. I'll be going public with the messages. They are not bullying. At all. Just because you and you're family experienced something doesn't mean that's how all internet users are. Perhaps you should book yourself in for paranoia and PTSD.

Waterfireearth

Waterfireearth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Lol. BTW the link you gave me is a fault reporting link to help facebook improve their site. They can't deal with individual injuries. That's pretty obvious. Hence why I'm left with only this option. My first thought was to contact them. But facebook state there IS NO direct way to contact them. BTW I am often cyber bullied. I film it and screenshot. And racism too.

Waterfireearth

Waterfireearth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
The name I used is total nonsense. It's not a name. Just letters. Also I'm not American. Wow. You really are caught up in the whole cyber bullying. Go spend your energy fighting it through courts. Not targeting individual people posting for assistance with a problem unrelated to your issue.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,026 posts
Please share a link to the account. Even if you can not log into the account you should be able to share a link to it. The Social Experiment account is Public, right? One of my biggest interests has always been Psychology research. Please share.. :)

Waterfireearth

Waterfireearth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

....what do you expect to see on a facebook account? The account was used as a flexible means to conduct social experiments. There's no profile photo. I could upload a photo and change it whenever I wanted. No photos. Nothing that is visible to the public. I didn't post anything nor upload anything permanently. Only messages exist. You can't see messages. Obviously. Also why should I trust you after your crazy messages? I'm serious. You need to seek psychological help. I'm not saying it out of anger. It's not normal to respond to someone online on a forum in a very specific category on the forum with 'YOU MUST BE A CYBER BULLY. HERE ARE LAWS DGJGDGDGT. AND HERE'S A LINK TO CYBER BULLYING ARTICLES. AND ME AND MY DAUGHTER WERE VICTIMS OF CYBER BULLYING'. Please stop responding to my request for assistance with this.

Edited by Waterfireearth, 19 January 2018 - 09:54 AM.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,026 posts
If the account is not public then how can it be a Social Experiment? You were/are obviously "targeting" a specific someone or group through private message. No professional researcher that I know of would conduct a Social Experiment in that manner.

From my point of view, if it were a legit social experiment, then why would you not want all of society to view it by making it private? On FB there is no need to experiment through private messenger since there are options to choose who you would like to see what you posted. The "social experiment", as you call it, was obvious not for school or continued education for any field of study or you would have taken the time to think the process out more clearly, which gives me the impression that you created the account in a spontaneous moment for ill intent, and now you are desperate to find a way to access the account before you are found out and held responsible for your actions.

Waterfireearth

Waterfireearth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I told you to stop replying. Anyone can see my account. It's a normal facebook account. Now stop replying. I'm not a professional. All the messages are going onto YouTube.

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 749 posts

@Waterfireearth.

You said to a highly valued and respected teacher and malware removal expert here on our forum:

"I told you to stop replying"

You also said:

..."Now stop replying"

You also made objectionable comments in a previous post

Please be advised that this is not the correct way of using our forum..... We consider it to be ill mannered, rude and unnecessary.

Take this as a final warning. Any repetition of these sorts of ill mannered comments will result in an immediate ban from our forums.

If you wish, you may reply offering your apologies to DonnaB, but do please remember we will be watching  your reply most carefully