Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing Windows 10

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

armymedicmom

armymedicmom

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have a Dell Inspiron 17 5755 laptop. It came with Windows 10. I've had it 2-3 years. I only use it to teach my classes. I don't go online with it; only to network with my desktop to share files. The problem is, that it is constantly updating during my classes. I need to get rid of Windows 10 and install Windows 7 (which I have a legal copy).

My question is, how can I tell if there will be a conflict with the drivers? And if there is a problem, can I get windows 10 back on it?

Thanks for any info.

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts
If your only issue is that Windows updates they can be stopped and you can perform manually.

https://www.tenforum...ndows-10-a.html

Edited by dmccoy, 19 January 2018 - 10:50 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

:welcome:   armymedicmom,

The suggestion made by dmccoy is the appropriate, Dell computers are notoriously picky about drivers that they will work with and Dell like other OEM brands like Acer and HP etc don`t continue support for older OSs, you also have the end of Windows 7 support date of January 14, 2020 to keep in mind.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts

The Dell support web page for the Inspiron 5755 http://www.dell.com/...-laptop/driversseems to have all the drivers for Windows 7 x64...

armymedicmom

armymedicmom

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

If your only issue is that Windows updates they can be stopped and you can perform manually.

https://www.tenforum...ndows-10-a.html

I have tried disabling everything. I even set to metered. I've disabled services.msc. It doesn't stop these updates. And once it updates all my setting were changed back to allow updates. And to put salt on the wound, the last update killed my bluetooth mouse option. It no longer recognizes it. I thought maybe the mouse died, so I bought a new one. It will not recognize the mouse. My bluetooth speakers work  fine (for now at least). I really hate windows 10. I still have an old computer running XP. I don't care about their support, which is often useless anyway.