I have Windows 10, 8 GB, Desktop. Everything works fine but after 30 - 40 minutes, it slows down to a crawl. I reboot - like new again. 30 minutes later, slows down again. I reboot - works perfectly. Another 30 minutes - I must reboot again.
Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:13 PM
Windows 10 Forum.
There are a number of possible problems that could be causing the issues that you are experiencing with your computer, including malware, but also issues like not enough free space on the OS partition. I would like to start by ruling out benign issues, like a possible small SSD, hosting Windows 10 that is running out of space as more and more processes and applications are launched.
Please download the free version of the Piriform Speccy program by clicking on this link.
- Navigate to your Downloads folder and install Speccy.
- Next, launch Speccy and wait for it to populate with your computer system information.
- Once it has completed its scan, please go to the "File" menu, at the top left, and select "Publish Snapshot...".
- When the publishing has completed, you will be provided with a unique URL; please select the option "Copy to Clipboard".
- Exit Speccy.
- Open Notepad and use Ctrl-V to paste the Speccy URL into a .txt file, with a name of your choosing, in case it is needed again.
Please paste the Speccy URL into your next reply so that I can view the details of your computer system. No personal information is included.
Thank you and have a great day.
Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:42 PM
In addition to what Phil has said, have you checked your PC for virus's etc?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users