Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

please answer me guys

• Please log in to reply

mehdizz

mehdizz

• Pip
  • 8 posts

please fristly iam so sorry about my english but  i have a probleme i wish you can help me So , yesterday my friend gave me his usb to format my computer he already bootable
Soo i install windows , then i boot dban is it a programme for physical formatage Soo the formatting stopped in 30 % , then i connect the usb in the computer of my sister
to format it , i formatit it , I rendered the usb to my friend then he told my that he find a file he deleted it and he returns ,I have doubts is it possible that my files (my pictures , my video .... ) they automatically transformed into his key ? please answer me and i'am so sorry for my english cause my friend told me that is is possible and i dont know :/

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi mehdizz,

I am familiar with DBAN. It is a program that is designed to securely erase a hard disk until its data is permanently removed and no longer recoverable.

No, there is no way that your personal files could have been transferred automatically to the USB unless you put them there.

What was stored on the USB when you borrowed it from your friend?

mehdizz

mehdizz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

i dont know but He told me that he find a file ,he deleted it and he returns i think its a file txt .. i really dont know , I'm in doubt that my files are transformed into his key :/

mehdizz

mehdizz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

when he give me the usb , he give me a usb bootable with windows 7

mehdizz

mehdizz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

i have become so depressed cuz i think that my pictures and my video could transformed automatiquly into his usb :/ cuz i have a familly pictures and videos ... when i ask a friend to me he told me that is it possible that file transformed , and others told me that theres no way if theres not a usb on the usb .. please admin told me the truth

mehdizz

mehdizz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

sorry i wanna said if theres not a virus on the usb*

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Ok. So the USB had an operating system stored on it.

Since this topic has nothing to do with malware, I am going to move it to the Hardware, Components and Peripherals forum so other members can join in on the conversation if they want to.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. If you did not save or move any files to that USB then there is no other way for them to get there without you knowing.

This friend of yours, is he the type of person to joke around with you?

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Please note that I did move your topic to where other members can share their knowledge of how USB's work.

mehdizz

mehdizz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

he is the kind of person who does not say anything , he is the kind of silent person and i am an obsessive person i doubt about everything :/

mehdizz

mehdizz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I doubt that my photos are videos are transformed , and he wont told me I hope you understand me moderator :(

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

he is the kind of person who does not say anything

Far as I am concerned, those are the kinds of people you should worry about. They have too much time to think about how they can play with your mind.

You said that he told you he deleted it, right? I can almost bet the file never existed on the USB. I would not worry about it. You tell him you talked to a professional and was told it was not possible for that file to be there unless you put it there.

mehdizz

mehdizz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

he is the kind of person who does not say anything

Far as I am concerned, those are the kinds of people you should worry about. They have too much time to think about how they can play with your mind.

You said that he told you he deleted it, right? I can almost bet the file never existed on the USB. I would not worry about it. You tell him you talked to a professional and was told it was not possible for that file to be there unless you put it there.

Thanks a lot moderator , so you told me that there's is no way that my picture has been transformed ?i can be relax About this ?

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Yes. Kick back and relax. Here in America we have a saying....

"He's pulling your leg.." :)

Which means...

“You must be joking/teasing/making something up.”

It's a universal saying, too, so I am sure you have heard it before.

And you're welcome, mehdizz.

By the way, Welcome to GeeksToGo! :) If you have any problems with your computer or have questions of any kind, look for the appropriate forum that seems to fit the questions you need to ask and create a topic. We have many dedicated, well experienced technicians from around the world that would be more than happy to jump in and help.

Till next time,
Donna :)

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

I agree with DonnaB, you should not have anything to worry about.