after ~1000 different options tested, I need your help for install an image created with my PC. It uses to works in a very simple way, but now I can't simply write it again
I can't use any tools (Work PC) and I need a quick and reliable way to get my PC image, that in case of HDD failure I can restore in short time
PC: Dell Latitude 7470
Win 7 64 bit Enterprise
what I did
- create a system image with the backup tool on an external HDD and the system repair disk on a DVD
what happens when I try to reinstall the image
- the external HDD is not seen by the System recovery during the start up
- I've moved the image to a NAS, but the NIC driver is not loaded by the recovery tool, so
- I've edited the boot.wmi file adding the drivers, and it seems work, but
- I don't know how to create a bootable DVD with the new boot file (tried 3 times failing)
- I was able to do a bootable USB and I can see my drivers, and they can be installed, but I get "file not found" error when I click next so again no access to the NAS
Sorry for the messy description, but I've tried everything in my knowledge and I really need to find a solution: if I could read the image from the external HDD no issue then, but I can't and I run out of creativity...
Do you know what's the secret formula to get the image back?
thanks in advance for the help!!!